Musing Mondays - Week 6

"Musing Mondays" is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's musing is:

How do you react to the “book police”? (people who judge what you are reading, and try to make you feel guilty) Do you respond to their judgements? Or, do you keep quiet? Do you let what they say influence your reading, or do you do your own thing, regardless?




I actually have never really had this problem. I usually read unknown books or books that people like to read. The famous books make it, almost acceptable to read it (sad, isn't it?) and if it's not well known, people don't judge. But I do get jabs for reading Vampire/Werewolf books. And I'm like, do I judge what YOU read? (but of course, I say it in my head). But then again, I am the "Book Guinea Pig" (as my friend put it) cause I usually read a book and if it's good I recommend it to my friends.
I still get kinda a little annoyed when people diss Twilight. I mean, sure with the Fan Craze, it has gotten a bit overrated, but still. Think back to when you first read it. Wasn't it really grabbing and compelling, that you HAD to read the whole series? Didn't you think that OMG Vampires are soo cool, and that I'm Team Edward/Jacob. And now you're saying that the book is trash? well, sorry Ms. Hypocrite. (I think that's the right spelling right?)


So to people out there who judge people by what they read, BACK OFF. And that, my not-so-friendly friends, is a warning to you all who rate people by what they read, because you don't judge a book by (its cover AND) what you hear about it. Welll, that's my bit in the situation :P


What's your answer to the Musing? Leave a link/comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!