Top Ten Tuesday - Week 7

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten List is: Top Ten Best Debuts (ever).


 


1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling. Without this book, witches and wizards wouldn't really have a place in this world. This book started up a phenomenol series, which still gains so much attention...when the series has finished. Can't wait for Part 2!


2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I'm not obsessed with this book like I used to be, but if it wasn't for this book, I don't think I would really ever have read Paranormal books. Like, maybe I would have, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it.


3. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I don't think I would have ever enjoyed classics (yes, classics) because even though this was a recently-written (this decade) book, it still made me enjoy classics such as Jane Eyre even more.


4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. I read this book in Grade 6, and after that my reading just went uphill from that day forth. Loved this series so much, that I started reading The Princess Diaries and all sorts of other books.


5. Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I adored this book ever since I was 10, and I've been growing up with them, enjoying when each book comes out. Can't wait for the fourth!


6. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. THIS was the book that got me obsessed by Fallen Angels. Still love it and I haven't gotten to read Crescendo yet!


7. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. I only started reading the series a year ago and Oh. My. God. I wouldn't be looking out for dangerous, mysterious and/or deadly books if it wasn't for this series!


8. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. Okay, so this was his book for younger readers debut. If this book wasn't alive, I would have never liked Greek Mythology so much! well, actually maybe, but it wouldn't be as fun!


9. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Again, like with the book above, this is for younger readers debut. I didn't know that butt-kicking high tech fairies would be this fun.


10. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. What more can I say? LOVE HER!!


Well, that was my Top Ten! What's yours? Leave a link/comment!

2 comments:

  1. I've participated in this meme for several months and for some dumb reason I always seem to foreget to add any Harry Potter books. Of course, I think that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was a fabulous debut novel.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Always lots of books out there that I've not heard about. Surprising!

    Here's my list of my ten favorite debut books: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-best-debut-books.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!