Top Ten Tuesday - Week 21


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's top ten is:


Top Ten Perfect Reads for Halloween.


Since I'm not so great in the "horror" or scary genre, here's a couple picks which gave me chills.


1. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. The cover was creepy, but even more so, the story was creepy. Elizabeth Scott is usually a contemporary author, so this was different for me coming from this author! The format was also really eerie...which also reminded me of:


2. Wake by Lisa McMann. This one has the same writing style as Living Dead Girl and I totally love this one, 'cause the whole concept is very original.


3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. Especially the 8th book, Wanted (which was supposedly the end...until Twisted was released), I got nightmares from reading this creepy series. Even the TV show is pretty dramatic and shocking at times, although it's much...tamer.


4. Fury by Elizabeth Miles. Mythology mixes with a haunting contemp and everything goes haywire with revenge.


5. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. This one's another gothic, but takes place in the South, and it's mysterious, dark and all reveals at the end with a deadly prophecy.


6. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. It's a beautiful classical gothic, with the mystery of Mr. Rochester's past. Even the movie (the latest one) had it's creepy moments!


7. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. Nearly finished this one, and it's totally giving me the chills! Hunting a ghost with deadly intentions AND a mysterious and terrifying past?? I just couldn't say no.


8. The Mediator by Meg Cabot. I know, this one isn't so scary, but it has ghosts and it's cute. What more could you ask for?


These were my 8 Halloween picks, but here are 2 more which would (I think) be perfect reads as well.


9. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier. My mom and aunt have been telling me how amazing this book is...and how dark this is as well. I have a copy, but I haven't exactly gotten to it yet with my huge tbr. But it sounds like a great Halloween pick: brooding and moody.


10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Everyone seems to have loved this one and the cover is gorgeously eerie. NEED. TO. GET. A. COPY!


What are your top 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!