Top Ten Tuesday – Week 24

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I haven't been doing these lately, but I just gotta do one more for 2011 :) because this one's a great one. Today's top ten is:


Top Ten Books of 2011


Because this one's a real toughie (and so many good books this year :S) I've divided it into the top one per month (when I read the book). So, let's see how this goes!


January ● Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
The Luxe was an amazing series, and Bright Young Things is as good. I haven't been able to get my hands on the second book, Beautiful Days but I hope to in the new year.
Runner-up: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott.

February ● Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
I can see now why everyone absolutely LOVES this book. There's something beautiful, yet horrifying as the book unravels and gods, it nearly made me cry. The movie was also really great too!
Runner-up: Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink.

March The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
ARGH, this month was a toughie. But I have to say, this series is one of the best paranormal's I've EVER read. 
Runner-up: Paper Towns by John Green.

April Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly
Clicking the "Request" button on NetGalley was a good decision because I'm IN LOVE with this book series. Need the second one right now!
Runner-up: Populazzi by Elise Allen

May ● CAN'T DECIDE
O.M.G. This month is a terrible month because I read so many fantastic books that I can't pick just ONE. I'm tempted to say, like ALL the books I read this month, but here are my faves: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, Die for Me by Amy Plum, Dreamland by Sarah DessenThe Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder, The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff and Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott.

June Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Definitely one of the most original books, and the most gorgeous covers of the year. Loved it! Can't wait for A Million Suns :)
Runner-up: (This one was also a toughie) Ordinary Beauty by Laura Wiess.

July Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
EEPPP!! Loved this book. Like, I can't say how much I loved it enough :D
Runner-up: And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky.

August Fury by Elizabeth Miles
Love any kind of Mythology (especially Greek) so this one's a definite thumbs-up from me.
Runner-up: Clean by Amy Reed

September Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Extremely heart-breaking, and to think, this stuff actually happened! Sigh, really sad, but a gorgeous book.
Runner-up: IT'S A TIE! Matched by Ally Condie and Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst.

October Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I still totally regret not reading this one earlier. Pandemonium, book 2, is my number one NEED in 2012.
Runner-up: Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez.

November The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
This dystopian was a non-stop read for me. Loved it from start to finish and absolutely love the concept :)
Runner-up: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.

December Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett
And...the last month! As mentioned before, I love Greek mythology, although this was more historical (yet...mythological) the writing mesmerized me and totally caught my attention. I only read this a couple days ago, but I love it the best this month!
Runner-up: Without Tess by Marcella Pixley.

Well, there you have it folks. My not-exactly-ten list :)

What's your top ten?

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you chose to format your list. FUN!

    I'm glad you chose to include Dark of the Moon on the list...I don't think it got the attention it deserved. I love mythology and read anything and everything I can about it, and loved this one!

    Love the rest of the list too! So many great ones. The ones I've read, I agree with. The ones I haven't read, I think they're pretty much almost all on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some excellent choices on your list! Speak, Between Shades of Gray and Delirium are all amazing. I have Bright Young Things on my TBR shelf to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great format. There are several on here that I have on my TBR list and just haven't gotten around to them yet. I really do need to read Delirium before Pandemonium comes out early next year.


    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!