Top Ten Tuesday – Week 28

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today's top ten is:


Top Ten Books I'd Hand to Someone Who Says They Don't Like to Read

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Without a doubt.

2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I say I don't like it now but when I first read it? Blew my mind. It made me love paranormal YA.

3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I was a little skeptical of this at first, because I wasn't immediately grabbed by the story and it took me around 3-4 chapters to get hooked onto it.

4. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. Hilarious, and one of the first books I read in the YA contemporary genre.

5. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. The jeans on the original cover looked mesmerizing and became another one of the "beginning" YA contemp genre books.

6. Eragon by Christopher Paolini. The ultimate fantasy of this generation :).

I could only think of six. But these I've recommended to my sister, my cousins, my friends over the years, and I really think these really hook people who don't like to read.

What's your top ten?

3 comments:

  1. I have only read the first 3 on your list, but I agree they are must reads! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-Pd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you when it comes to Harry Potter and Twilight! They are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Nelson DeMille's Charm School

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!