Top Ten Tuesday – Week 32

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today's top ten is:

Top Ten YA "Fluffy" Contemporary Books

It was a choice of genre, and so I though, why not get out some amazing realistic teen fiction out there?


1. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. You seriously have not been a complete teen girl if you have not read this series, or at least the first book. I read this in grade 6, and it was the first YA book I read. And then... you know the rest :)


2. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. Like Meg Cabot, Sarah Dessen is another Queen of Teen. Picking one of their books is really hard. But I would have to say that Someone Like You's plot line really stuck with me, and I loved the characters. I'm sold.


3. Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott. LOVED THIS ONE. This has been the most recent Elizabeth Scott book I've read and so far I've loved it. The timing, the originality of the story– everything was pretty much perfect.


4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. Another "first" YA book. Fell in love with the series, and with the movies, and I can't wait to get to reading the fifth and last book, Sisterhood Everlasting.


5. The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder. This made me laugh so much! I cannot honestly remember another time reading a book which made me giggle and snicker at the baddies.


6. Populazzi by Elise Allen. Even though I was a bit iffy about the main character at times, I found this an interesting concept for a YA contemporary.


7. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Best summer book I've read so far, LOVED IT and loved the sequel It's Not Summer Without You even more. Can't wait to read the last one, We'll Always Have Summer!


8. Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald. Another cute and original contemporary. One of the only ones about trying to fall OUT of love :P


9. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby. The beach! the guy! the mystery of it all... the romance! Tell me, what's not to love? :D


10. The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti. My first Deb Caletti book! This one was original (1 million dollar story people– what's not to love?!), and I can't wait to read more from this author.


That was my top ten! Took a while, and it was hard not to include the "sad, almost made me cry" ones, but meh, got through it anyway :)


What's your top ten?

3 comments:

  1. Well, I agree with you on the ones I've read. I guess that means there's a good bet I'll like the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am THRILLED that Populazzi's on this list with so many of my favorite books! I'm particularly in love with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Definitely read Sisterhood Everlasting -- it's terrific.

    Thanks so much!

    xo,

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved a lot of books on this list! New follower and loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!