Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


Release Date: July 13, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2
Rated: YA 14+
Format: Paperback
Source: Gifted
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

Read my review of Shiver HERE.


In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.


I've had this one on my shelf for a LONG long time, and I didn't bother picking it up until the third (and final) book, Forever, had been released.

OH THE GODS. HOW I REGRET IT!

I have completely been missing out on this sequel– I can't believe it. I re-read Shiver before reading this one (to refresh my memory), and I loved this one just as much. Maybe even more. It was so intense. I was GLUED. Literally. This book is SO worth the read. Forget about Twilight if you've got some grudge against it. Give the wolves of Mercy Falls a try (Haha. Get it? The Wolves of Mercy Falls is the series' name. AH, I'm hilarious).

The change in perspectives is refreshing. I mean, in Shiver they did have a dual perspective: Sam and Grace's. In Linger there are two more views thrown into the mix. Isabelle's and Cole's. Loved it– amazing. Honestly, I was starting to love their POV's better than the original two!
Of courae, I love Sam and Grace. I totally (and I hate using this word, but I have no clue what else to put) SHIP them. If you don't know what that means, which I didn't until it was all over the place at school, it means that I love their couple-ness. I'm head over heels for Sam, and I wish I could be Grace. GAH. Unfortunately, life isn't fair sometimes...
*(this isn't too much of a spoiler, since it's mentioned in the blurb)* And I'm totally "shipping" (ick, hate that word) Isabel and Cole as well. When their relationship blossoms, it's much more not-delicate-as-Sam-and-Grace's which is pretty awesome.

One thing that I really hated in this book was Grace's parents. Um, okay. I liked them enough in the first book, but they were really annoying me in this one. The constant yelling, the prohibiting of things (Oh, how we teens love that...not). It was throwing off the story a little bit, but other than this, as you've read above me fangirling, the rest of the book is good.
The ending! I should have totally seen it coming. I tried to stay away from reading Forever's blurb, but there's clues in the cover that does give it away. But oh the gods, the ending was phenomenal. A huge twist which will blow you away folks.

I don't know what to say. I think I've run out, but here's the final line: Linger is amazing, breath-taking, and mind-blowing. I'm eagerly waiting to get my hands on the final installment, although I'll be sad to see it end. ANY-HOO, to those of you who haven't read this series: please do. You'll regret not at least giving it a chance.


If you like this, try...

  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer Goodreads
  • The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong Goodreads








Other cover(s) available:

4 comments:

  1. I think I ended up loving Cole and Isabelle more than the original duo too! I'm sure you will love Forever-looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! This series was actually one of my favourites and wait until you read the third book, you're gonna die from your excitment ;) I LOVED Cole and I loved him even more with Isabel and of course Sam and Grace... not enough words *Ship them* Didn't know what mean that :) And Maggie Stiefvater has this magical writing that will forever enchante me. But thanks for sharing <3

    New Follower!
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read the first one so far. I know I need to get to this one, everyone's been raving about Isabel and Cole.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!