The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker

The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker

Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: March 1, 2011
Series: The Liar Society, Book 1
Rated: YA 13+
Format: Paperback
Source: Won – Thank you to Dani @ Refracted Light!
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of. 
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. She teams up with a couple of knights-in-(not so)-shining armor--the dangerously hot bad boy, Liam, and her love-struck neighbor, Seth. But at their elite private school, there are secrets so big people will do anything to protect them—even if it means getting rid of anyone trying to solve a murder...

Ever since seeing the schoolgirl cover, I've been dying to get my hands on it. When the oppetunity presented itself (Thanks to the lovely Dani!!) I managed to win a copy. I. LOVED. IT. It was like Pretty Little Liars meets The Gallagher Girls... minus the spy school and a creepy stalker named 'A'. The atmosphere was rich, gave that whole rich-privileged-school-with-secrets feel and I loved the switch in perspectives. And COME ON. Who wouldn't want to read it after hearing somebody's dead best friend sent her an email? Too creepy to be true.

I loved the characters in this. Even though this was an esteemed boarding school, the characters I feel could have fit in anywhere. We have our heroine Kate, who is HILARIOUS and has an (understandable) obsession with pearls. And plus pink hair. Loved her from the mention of that. I loved her humor and found her a great character overall.
Oh. My. GAWD. Seth was ADORBBZZZZ (and yes I totally just used that word). He's just so geeky that you can't help but fall in love with him :) He made me laugh, like Kate and Liam, and was probably definitely my favorite character.
Speaking of which, LIAM... um, bad-boy-hottie much?? just from that description in the blurb I was sold.

I really liked how the mystery builds up, very creepily and then to see how it all turns out in the end. However, I was kind of disappointed in the ending, because it wasn't what I expected, but I'll be anticipating to see how the story continues in book 2, The Lies That Bind.
Overall, I was happy with The Liar Society. It's got what you'd want in a book: mystery, deadly secrets, a very hot guy, and an adorable geek. I think that this is a fabulous collaboration and debut from two sisters, Lisa and Laura, and am eagerly waiting for more Seth.


If you like this, try...






4 comments:

  1. I've been pinning for this book for months! Sadly, even after the numerous requests to my bookstore, they still don't have it. I don't want to get an ebook copy but if that's what it takes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds soo good! I <3 PLL and I <3 Gallagher Girls so I think I'll definitely like this!

    Catherine :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds pretty cute :) I love me a nice, light, entertaining and mysterious read every now and then. Glad to hear that overall you liked this book, I'll be sure to check it out soon! Thanks for a great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book cover gives an inpression that the book is pretty fun and you said it is like PPL, at least a bit, so it must be really intruing xD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!