The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Release Date: October 26, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Iron Fey, Book 4
Rated: YA 14+
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

Read my review of The Iron King HERE.
Read my review of The Iron Daughter HERE.
Read my review of The Iron Queen HERE.

"My name--my True Name--is Ashallayn' darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl..." To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase--a half human, half fey slip of a girl--smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.

With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end--a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.

To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

I feel ashamed. I feel so ashamed. Honestly, this book came out around a year ago. This being an eGalley, I got it even earlier than that. ONE. YEAR. To flippin' write a review on this book. I repeat my statement: I feel ashamed. Even more so, I actually read the book in April. Okay, so that's around 6 months after the book was published, and I'm writing the review for this AMAZING book 5 months later. Un-flipping-believable. I want to cry knowing how long it's taken me to do this.
Of course, I have my reasons. However, none of them can be considered "real" in the shadow of this fabulous book which I devoured within 24 hours of starting it.

Of course, you may have (or may not have) heard me ramble on and on about this series. I wasn't too sure of how this series was going to continue after the heart-pounding ending to The Iron Queen, which left me in pieces. When I heard there was going to be one more book, and from the view of ASH of all people, I nearly died of happiness. I couldn't wait to start this one... but at the same time, I didn't want to.
What? Oh yeah, you heard me correctly. I. Didn't. Want. To. Read. This. Book. Yes, another shame on me. But could you blame me? I don't ever want this series to end. NEVER. EVER. Meghan and Ash's story shall not end, according to me, and I didn't want to read that happening, therefore reinforcing the fact that it will (kind of) literally end. (NOTE: Not through my imagination though. They will live on forever there).

In this book, there's the return of some old and some new characters. Once again, Ash and Puck make a hilarious team, throw in the ever-so sarcastic Grim, you have one hilarious (yet dangerous) thrill ride. There is one character, however, who I did not expect to make an appearance in this book. It totally caught me off-guard. I won't give it away, but prepare to be shocked.

The challenges in this book are pretty awesome, yet I was cringing with every twist and turn, every complication and every casualty. There's some sinister stuff in this book and sometimes it completely boggled my mind as the characters got confused as well.

I know this won't be the last review for Julie Kagawa's books, especially since a new novella came out, and there's a spin-off series to this, but it's definitely the end of a fabulous paranormal saga. The Iron Knight, the last novel of the Iron Fey series, concludes perfectly in my opinion: it ties up all the knots, but there's still some things left to the reader's imagination. If you have not read this series, you'd better do so quickly, because a horde of Team Ash and Team Puck fans will chase you down to clobber you. I can't wait to read The Lost Prince– I'm longing for my return to the Nevernever.


If you like this, try...




1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I was thrilled to read it, but on the other hand.. I wasn't ready to say Goodbye to some of my favorite characters! Grimalkin is amazing <3 I can't wait to read the Lost prince either. Her writing style is flawless :) Wonderful review, even when it took you so long :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!