Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman

Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman

Release Date: June 8, 2012
Publisher: Flux
Series: Sirenz, Book 2
Rated: YA 13+
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

Read my review of Sirenz HERE.

It's Hell on heels– again.

When Shar tries on a ring rom Hades, it activates an obscure contractual clause that puts Shar and former-frenemy-now-friend Meg in Hades' service once more. Shar is whisked away to the Underworld to prepare a ball for Persephone, while Meg is sent to retrieve the errant soul of spoiled rich girl Paulina Swanson and send her to the abyss. Just when it appears the girls will be doomed to serve Hades for eternity, Shar meets two possibly helpful demi-gods who also happen to be gorgeous. Can the girls finally ditch the Lord of the Dead once and for all?

Greek mythology has never been more fabulous!

I absolutely LOVED Sirenz, when I received it for review from the two lovely authors, and so when I heard that the sequel was up for request on NetGalley, I jumped on that offer. The sequel definitely did not disappoint! The humor was amazing as always, and the Greek mythology references just kept coming in it's own glamourous and glitzy fashion.

I seriously don't know whom I love better when it comes to these two heroines, Shar and Meg. I love Meg's determination (and when she breaks loose she's hilarious), and Shar just cracks me up with her fashion obsession. I think maybe I'm a little more lenient in liking Shar more, because she's just sometimes a ditzy girl with a huge obsession for shoes and clothes– and she's a total drama queen when she wants to be. I also have to give her props for her whole no-nonsense attitude towards Hades!
Caz– Holy. Hades. I knew when the blurb mentioned demi-gods, I was expecting someone gorgeous, but once again– Holy. Hades. Just... words cannot fathom the godliness in gorgeousness of these demi-gods. Will leave it at that.
As for the girl, Paulina, whom Meg has to send back to the underworld, I did have my suspicions. I will leave it at that, but do expect a pretty large twist in the story!

Sirenz Back in Fashion did live up to the fantastic-ness of the first book, I'm glad to say. Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman throw in Greek mythology, fashion, two cute guys and end up with a fabulous novel. Can't wait for the next book!


If you like this, try...

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this definitely sounds like a fun and fabulous series! I will have to check out the first book. I'm a total Greek mythology fan, and love a little humor in my books, and this series sounds like a fantastic combination of both those things! The characters seem spunky and unique, which I always enjoy reading about. And the romance seems like it'll be enjoyable... ;)

    Fantastic review! <3 I will be getting my hands on a copy of the first book

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!