Latest Obsession: The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Hi everyone! I'm taking a small break from reviews to talk to you about one of my latest obsessions: THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIESI know– it's a web-series that came out a while ago... but I started it roughly two weeks ago and finished all of them in three or four days. Two really awesome friends of mine kept gushing about it a while back, and so I decided to give it ago, and judging by the amount of time it took me to finish all 100 episodes, it's clear that I really, really enjoyed them.

For those of you who are kind of going "huh?" "what?" "who now?" "why does that sound like a reference to Pride and Prejudice?", THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES is a web-series (on Youtube) developed by Hank Green and Bernie Su. I totally recommend watching them, especially if you're an Austen lover. I actually haven't read any of Austen's books, even though I've read some retellings and have watched the 2005 film a gajillion times. I'm in love with the story and really hope that I could actually finish reading it one day. I got through half-way and unfortunately had to stop because of school work. I even own THREE copies of the book for pete's sake:

Okay well, the last one is a compilation of seven novels (so in that case I own two copies of Emma), but you get the point! I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!

I'm a huge fan of the film and BBC television series as well:


I know people are going to kill me for saying this, but I tend to prefer the 2005 film because I've seen it a GAJILLION times, in comparison to the BBC series. To be fair, I did watch the 2005 version first, and only watched the TV series last year.

Anyway, I think that's all for now. All the episodes of THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES can be found online HERE. Go watch them if you haven't already. You won't regret it... loads of humor, loads of drama, and of course, Darcy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!